Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2004 Nissan Murano that started to make a high pitched

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Nissan Murano that started to make a high pitched noise after I took it in for a recall item (intake manifold). The noise would happen intermittently. The sound went away, but a loss of acceleration followed. The transmission would not engage in any of the gears. I checked the transmission fluid and the condition of the cvt fluid (as the manual recommended). Before I get my car towed to the local transmission dealer, I wanted your advice
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I do not believe the recall and the current issue are connected just coincidence. I high pitched noise from the transaxle as well as a loss of gears is going to be a pump related issue inside the transaxle.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris