Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Titan: 2004 titan 8 cyl. hose from transmission came off,

Customer Question

2004 titan 8 cyl. hose from transmission came off, trans. oil leaked out (all) changed hose replaced with new nissan trans. oil, truck ran good for about three trips, towing boat. started truck today and it wont move. checked trans oil its full!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, thanks for your question.
Is the fluid burnt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the fluid is not burnt, I think the shifter linkage came off! How do I get to linkage? from the bottom? or can I get to it from the inside of truck?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
crawl under the truck on the drivers side and you will see the linkage on the transmission.
Its a brass lever that holds the linkage on with a castle style nut. I have seen the nut come off and the linkage disconnect a few times.
Check and let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the linkage was on the left side, that wasn't the problem. The shifter was disconnected in the cab, a small plastic bushing holding the shifter was disenagrated, so I used a thick plastic tie for now and it work! will order new part monday. Thanks for you input, appreciated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction! the linkage was on the right side! Passenger side.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Ha really? Could sworn it was the drivers off memory lol.
Sorry about that.