Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Pathfinder: I recently bought a 2010 Pathfinder with 20,000

Customer Question

I recently bought a 2010 Pathfinder with 20,000 miles on it. When I drive it over 60mph it makes a high pitched eeeeeh sound. It seems like it is coming from the fan inside the vents,but it doesn't seem to change any on différt settings or if the fan is turned completely off. It is definitely worse when it is windy. I had it looked at the dealership ,but they did not fix it. Any ideas as to what would cause this?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, thanks for your question.
Does it sound like its coming from the dash area? or more towards the roof area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dash.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** common reasons we see this type of thing is from roof rack noises. Those do not sound like they are coming from the dash area though. If the noise sounds as though it/s coming from the dash at high speeds I would inspect your wipers and cowl and even windshield seal for and worn or loose parts which can cause wind noise.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Just wanted to check and see how you made out.
let me know if I can help further please.