Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Mike.. I have a 2009 Nissan Maxima, that the ac is blowing

Customer Question

Hi Mike.. I have a 2009 Nissan Maxima, that the ac is blowing hot. I have checked the DTC and found two codes b2579, in vehicle sensor, and b2631 sunload sensor. I replaced the sunload sensor and the code went away.. the ac is still blowing hot, and I do not hear the compressor coming on. Both fans work. Any ideas what next?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Do you still have the in vehicle sensor code? If it's not working properly then the a/c might come on, it thinks the cabin is cold enough. Also, put it on defrost and see if the a/c compressor engages or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi The compressor does not kick on at all.. on defrost or ac. and the in vehicle code was cleared and has not came back
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Do you know if the system is full of freon or not?Do you have a test light so we can look for power to the compressor when you kick it on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes to both
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this is going to be a bit tricky to diagnose because when you turn on the a/c, the bcm actually sends the command to the IPDM to turn on the relay.What we can do and you may have already done is check for power at the a/c compressor when you turn the a/c on. If it's getting power and not running then we know right away it's the compressor.If no power, then we can only test for broken wires to a point. From the a/c control to the bcm and from the bcm to the ipdm. If no broken wires, then we would have to assume the ipdm is the problem.Check for power at the compressor and see if there is any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** hope it is as simple as a faulty compressor. Since the fans kick on it seems like the system knows you are turning on the a/c so it seems possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks... husband says take to Nissan. Made an appointment.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Alrighty then. It's complicated and does require a lot of leg work without a nice little nissan scan tool to aid that's for sure.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.