Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,
29331485

Altima: I have a 2007 nissian altima 4 cylinder and when running

Customer Question

I have a 2007 nissian altima 4 cylinder and when running the ac it will stay cold for about 20 min. And then it turns hot and the temp. Gauge starts rising and I have to turn on the heat to have come back down. I did a test on the ac compression and the low was 30(blue) and the high(red) was 125. Any thoughts? I have replaced both thermostats and flushed the radiator but it didn't help. Any thoughts
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Check that your ventilator is running when the A/C is on, looks like the condenser is getting to hot and in turn heating up the Radiator
causing the engine to overheat ,typical issue when the condenser does not cool down due to bad ventilator ..
When running the A/C and engine and A/C starts to heat up use a garden hose and spray water on the front grill and cool off the condenser ,the A/C should start to get cold ..
If it does then you have a cooling issue
If the fan is working then have the expansion valve is sticking .
Discharge system ,replace the expansion valve ,vacuum the system add compressor oil and charge with 134a .
Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I did what you asked. I found that it doesn't overheat when in park and running the ac, only when in drive and after running for 15 minutes. When I sprayed it with water it didn't cool down both fans were running BUT the AC condenser had unlatched and the ac got hot. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Sorry no idea what your problem could be not come across anything like this .
I will opt out and see if another expert can assist you with this issue .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said that wrong...The compressor unlatched not the condenser. Sorry
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Explain what you mean by unlatched please .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engage would probably be a better word. When you turn your ac on if you are looking at it under the hood you can see the center of the condenser engage.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the3 use of a manifold gauge to check high and low pressure
If you do get me the reading of high and low when all is working then the pressure reading when it starts to get warm .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do. In my original post I listed the readings when it was working fine but I will have to get the readings when it isn't working.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Okay great do this and let me know.
Greg