Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

3.5 sl: I have a 2007 3.5sl Nissan. After I got home from having

Customer Question

I have a 2007 3.5sl Nissan. After I got home from having a small fender bender, the car wouldn't start, but it did start up for me to get home after the accident. The door locks do not work with any of the switches or with the remote. The remote works and isn't dead. I noticed a faint clicking noise near the fuse box inside the car and the push button ignition is locked. The only things that turn on are the dome lights and the red car/key indicator. The brake won't go down and none of the outside lights will turn on. They did for a little bit, but they they weren't bright and slowly went off. I tried using the manual key port, but the that didn't work either. I'm thinking it could be the battery, but I don't have the necessary tools to get them. I'll have to wait till morning to ask a neighbor for a jump-start and see if that does anything.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fender bender did happen right in front of the battery, Between the headlight and fog light.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
You are probably right about the battery being dead and a jump start might get it going but it sounds like the charging system isn't working and that may be why the car started after the accident but by the time you got home the battery was dis charged to where it wouldn't start, be sure to check the connections at the battery and the main fuse links and you should get the charge system checked if the jump start works