Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Maxima: yes need to program nissan 2006 maxima transponder

Customer Question

yes need to program nissan 2006 maxima transponder key
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
The best way to program the Nissan keys is with the Nissan scanner tool, there are other tools out there that independent shops use but the best is the consult tool at the dealers, because you have to get the 5 digit code from the NATS controller first then generate a 4 digit code to allow programming of the key, also when programming keys you want to do all of the keys to the car at the same time because when you program a new key you will need to reprogram the old keys. I would recommend taking the car to the dealer to have the keys programmed, the charge isn't usually too bad, we do them for about $60 at the dealer I work at