Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Cross cabriolet: The top on my 2011 Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet

Customer Question

The top on my 2011 Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet is having trouble closing. The aluminum frame becomes hung up on the rear panel while passing over the back seats.
The dealer tells me it needs a whole new top and frame system. These cars are so rare thatI question if they know what they are doing. Have other owners had similar problems?
***@******.***
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
I have had to deal with a few of the Murano Convertible issues including replacing the entire frame and top assembly, First I would like you to take a look at at least one bulletin that addresses the skylight glass contacting the rear seat head rests it may be whats happening with your top, also there are a couple of recalls on the roof that the dealer should make sure have been done on your car before having to replace the entire roof. Of course depending on how many miles are on the car it may be under warranty, if it's not then I would see if Nissan would help out with some goodwill, depending on the dealer your at Nissan may offer to help pay for some of the repairs
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Here is the bulletin, there are other bulletins and the recalls so make sure the dealer is doing them first before replacing the roof