Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Frontier: , I had my coolant and radiator remove and

Customer Question

I had my coolant and radiator remove and replace. I put my truck in drive and heard a pop and then my engine light came on. As I gave it some gas it would not shift into first. They said that I need a new transmission. They also flush my engine coolant and transmission. One more thing they change my Thermostat with housing.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will answer your question the best I can if I have helped please remember to leave a positive rating
If the reason for replacing the radiator was because it leaked coolant into the transmission and that was the reason for flushing the transmission fluid and and the engine coolant then yes it is too late for the transmission, when coolant gets mixed with the transmission fluid it always destroys the clutch packs in the transmission and then its not long before the car won't even move, if your truck has less than 90000 miles Nissan has an extended warranty program where they will cover the cost of replacing the radiator and transmission over $3000 so basically it costs you 3 grand and they pay for the rest, but it has to have less than 90000 miles and the truck needs to be at the dealer