Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissanmurano: I have a nissan murano 2004 having acceleration

Customer Question

I have a nissan murano 2004 having acceleration problem loss of power had to tow home will it cost a lot to fix this
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!
Did you have any warning lights on when it was running before you had it towed?
Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights come on
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It's hard to determine exactly what the issue could be if you had no warning lights on. So I will need to ask some questions to see if I can get a idea on what it maybe..
Did you find it was not able to accelerate over 2k rpms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In park you can in drive you cant
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
So if your in park, you can rev the engine fine. But as soon as you put it in gear it won't rev over 2k rpms? Does it bog?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3daysago60miles per hr started staking th
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it wouldn't pullhill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fluid full
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Let me ask you this. If you accelerate lightly, will it accelerate? but if you give it gas normal it bogs and won't accelerate or it bounce at 2k rpms like a rev limiter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was making ahovering noise last week
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
? a what noise?
Tell you what.. This could make things easier to determine instead of asking questions to try to determine what is going on.
Can you start the car and take a video clip of what it's doing and show me? Take the video clip and either share it on Drop Box or something or put it on You Tube and share the link with me?
Is that possible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you kind a guess at what I could try
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then I will give you what I think your issue may be.
It sounds like a MAF sensor issue. 90% of the time the MAF ( Mass Air Flow ) sensor heated element which meters the air so the computer can add the proper fuel mixture has fallen out of spec. Not enough to cause a Service Engine Soon light but enough to cause the Air and fuel Mixture to be so off it can cause No Start, Stalling, poor acceleration, won't rev over a certain Rpm, and running issues. I would have the Air and Fuel mixture readings checked to verify. Checking the voltage will not show the fault, the air and fuel mixture will. If found to be bad, do not replace with a After Market one. After market MAF sensors never seem to work properly. There heated element doesn't work right which can cause 02 sensors to flat line and have you chasing you tail trying to figure out what is wrong. So the only way to correct this issue if you do have a bad MAF sensor is to replace it with a OEM.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!