Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Put new Brakes and rotors on 2007 Nissan Quest this weekend

Customer Question

Put new Brakes and rotors on 2007 Nissan Quest this weekend and the brakes are scrubbing rotors even when brake is not applied
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
please explain.,.is it holding the van back?does it make a noise?
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does not hold the van back. Just slight scrubbing sound and the pad is contacting the rotors just slightly.

tell me,,did it make this sound before you replaced the pads?
does the noise come from the right or left?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It did not make the sound prior to replacing the pads and rotors and both sides are making the sound.

ok
it is normal for the brake pads to slightly rub the rotors,it doesnt have anything to prevent this..
if you are getting a noise,perhaps the new pads are of a harder material then the originals..
i would think that the new pads will stop making the noise after they get broken in.
if the noise doesnt go away,you may want to replace the pads with a different brand or the noise may not be the pads at all,,you may have a bad wheel bearing..
again,the pads shouldnt make a noise if they are rubbing the rotors
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.