Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissan Xterra: My nissan is blow a white smoke with blue tint.

Customer Question

My nissan is blow a white smoke with blue tint. This started to happen just now but now the check engine light comes on and running kinda rough. This is on a 2011 Nissan Xterra
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2001 Nissan Xterra fat fingered the year
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
For your smoke issue, the first thing you want to change is the PCV valve. This is what allows the crank case to vent. If clogged or not operating it can cause the vehicle to smoke and burn oil. That part is like 20 bucks. So you always want to try the cheap and easiest things first.
The next would be the Valve Cover that has the PCV valve in it. There is a channel through that valve cover that goes to the PCV valve that won't allow the crank case to breath as well. So you always start with the PCV, then Valve cover.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!