Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  41 years expierence on all cars and trucks to 2014
3506196

G35x: I. About to purchase a used 2004 Infinty g35x, with 171,000

Customer Question

I. About to purchase a used 2004 Infinty g35x, with 171,000 miles, car is clean, rides well, but owner pointed out that when he had his last oil change iti did not reset the service engine light. Me not being familiar with car, after reading other forums Im thinking this light is onlt engine related and possibly is an 0-2 sensor, is this light used for both or is there a separate one for oil service
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
the service engine light has nothing to do with oil changes. it is an indicator of a fuel control problem. there are over 1500 possible codes for the failure. an O2 sensor is a guess. I suggest going to a part store and have them read the code for free and get back to us with the code. then we can further assist you with the area of failure.
there is a separate light for maintenance.
Roy