Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

Maxlma: 2006 Nissan maxima every time I think ouch the brake

Customer Question

2006 Nissan maxima every time I think ouch the brake it blows my stop lights ...thinking maybe maybe need new stop light switch
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Rick and I will be helping you with you question today when we finish this conversation pleas remember to leave a positive rating so I receive credit for helping you It is most likely that one of your brake light bulbs or a socket in the back is shorted to ground so that every time you hit the brakes it blows the fuse I would start there looking for a short that is causing your issue
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes you can even find a bulb that has contacts shorted to the side of the socket causing the fuse to blow. you should to be sure and check the high mount brake light also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about brake light switch
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
The brake light switch transfers the power to the bulbs so if there is a short somewhere its going to be down stream from the brake light switch either in the bulbs or sockets or the wiring to the sockets
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could that be the problem all connects in the trunk appear to b OK. a friend of mine had the same problem and changed the brake light switch and all was good ..not sure where brake light switch is located
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
The switch is located on a bracket above the brake pedal, there pretty easy to change it just twists a quarter turn to the left and slides out, there are two switches one is for the brake lights and shift interlock and the other is for the cruise control. you'll know which one when you pull one out the brake lights will come on