Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Frontier SE 4.0, 4wd, crew cab: Clifton, I'll try and keep

Customer Question

Hi Clifton, I'll try and keep this short.. Yesterday I changed out the fuel pump 2005 Frontier because of the bad fuel level sensor. Restarted, ran 30 secs. Went to change clothes to do errands first of which was to refuel my nearly empty tank. Came back out, no start. Thought maybe it used fuel in line for those 30 secs,and on attempting to restart flooded it. Waited 20 mins, fired right up. Ran in driveway for 5 minutes, drove around the block, all seemed well so drove 2 miles to gas station. pumps all busy, parked went inside and got a cold beverage. Came back out, pump available no start, cranks, fires, sputter, die. Hmmmmm. Had it towed home when all attempts to fix failed. This morning, I checked for codes. I have P0183, Fuel Temp input High. Cranks but doesn't even sputter. any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, looks like Clifton is not available so I am here to help out. Did you have ANY issues with the vehicle starting or running prior to the fuel sender replacement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the fuel pump was fine only
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Ideally here if you had NO starting or running issues prior to replacing the sender then your issue is likely something that happened during the repair. For starters I would check for fuel by either disconnecting the line and cranking the engine or using some starter fluid, whichever you prefer at this time. Most likely though either a connection is loose or something got pulled or pinched during the repair.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Thing to keep in mind here though is the fuel temp sensor is part of the pump, so mor elikely then anything here its a bad connection on the pump.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
so if you need anything else just let know ok. if not just be sure to leave a kind rating.