Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Versa: I have an 07 Versa. A couple of nights ago the sunroof

Customer Question

I have an 07 Versa. A couple of nights ago the sunroof popped open and now will not close. When the switch is pressed, I can hear the motor chatter like slipping gears, but the window does not move. Is there a way to manually close it?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! What you may be experiencing you are some what correct. I have seen where the bolts for the sunroof motor come loose and fall out. When this happens the sunroof motor is no longer sitting flush in the Sunroof rail assembly and that is why you are getting the noise that you are hearing. To correct this, the front part of the head liner would need to be lowered, and lock tight applied to the bolts. This way they don't come lose again. This is around 1 hour labor to maybe 1 1/2 hours to correct.If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I remove or open the headliner? Are any special tools required? I have also noted what appears to be corrosion on the fasteners on the right rail assy
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The corrosion could be from a clogged up Sunroof Drain.The sun visors will need to be removed and the upper side handles along with the front pillar covers. Do not attempt to remove the upper finisher that contains the switch. That is actually secured from above. Once you have the visors, and visor holders removed and pillar covers as well as the side handles, give the head liner a little tug by the sun roof. It's secured by velcro there, and should tip downwards for you to access the sunroof motor. Here is a image of where the sunroof motor is located along with head liner information to help you.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/2.jpghttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20EI.pdf Thanks for using JustAnswer.com Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any more questions on this?