Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

300zx twin turbo: So I'm trying to take off the oil pump off

Customer Question

So I'm trying to take off the oil pump off of my 1991 Nissan 300zx twin turbo. I got it loose but the crank is in the way
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you! What do you mean the crank is in the way. Please explain. The Balancer should have been removed as well as the timing belt and the crank gear needs to be removed to slip off the Oil Pump. Plus the oil pan needs to be removed so you can remove the pickup screen. You will not be able to remove the oil pump unless the pick up screen is removed. See link for the image of the oil pump break down. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20300zx_1991_FSM.pdf Let me know about the crank or if the information helped you please Rate me. Other wise if you have any more questions on this, please reply back and I will be more than happy to help you.Thanks Jay!