Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I need your help

Customer Question

I need your help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m happy to help you. During our conversation, I may be presenting you with different things to try, and ask you some Questions to get a better understand of the issue so I can answer your question properly. So stick with me to the end, and I am sure we should be able to get this issue resolved for you!Please tell me the year and model Nissan you have along with Engine size and please let me know what your questions is?I will be online later this evening around 7 pm EST and then be online till 10 or 11 pm to work with you on your issue.Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jay I have a 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 liter. My question is simple but I don't want to mess it up. it has to do with the manual valve linkage under the valve body. I putting the valve body back on but the manual valve linkage has a groove. I don't know how to align it. I need help please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jay, is there a possibility that I can get some help prior to 7pm or atleast send me to someone who can. Don't want to be rude, but I need to put this together. this is my only car.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
I opt'd out to see if another expert could help you. But none I guess could. I am online now if you still need my help. Let me know..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate it Jay, I put everything back together. After putting everything together, the check engine light came on. I drove the car and it would not shift past 3rd gear. :(. Looks like I will be going to a mechanic tomorrow. Thanks for trying to help but unfortunately, I wasted 2 days on this and this new problem (wont shift) came up.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
does 1st and 2nd gear work? Do you have a Auto Zone near you?The reason I am asking about Auto Zone is cause they offer free scans. Since your Service Engine Soon light is on, swing by there and have them scan the car and give you the code. Then return back here and share the code with me and I will help determine what to expect. Let me know if you can do this.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
It shows you have replied but I don't see anything.