Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2009 Nissan Murano - The power steering has failed. It has

Customer Question

2009 Nissan Murano - The power steering has failed. It has fluid. I see there is a "pressure sensor" and a "pump" to consider. Is this common and how can I determine what specifically has failed. I can still steer and it has no noise or any other issues.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.
This is not common at all. There are really only two major components in the steering system for operation. First is the Power Steering Pump, the other is the Power Steering Rack.
First thing I would do is take the cap off the steering reservoir and have someone turn the wheel right to left and see if you can tell if there is fluid circulation. If that is not detected, then the first thing you need to start with changing is the power steering pump. If that doesn't fix it, then the rack would need to be replaced.
Unfortunately there is no ports to pressure check the power steering system.
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're Satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!