Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

350z: http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/7dmbo-350z-2004-350z-starts-fin

Customer Question

http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/7dmbo-350z-2004-350z-starts-fine-warm-up-5-10-minutes.html
Mike. I am trouble shooting this same issue but not having any luck. I have minimal things done to my engine and haven't done any additional changes in 3.5 years.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
So the engine is running fine when cold? once it gets warm it stalls out like in the previous thread you mentioned? have you done any tests or replaced anything yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I replaced the cam sensors and crank sensor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004.5 350Z manual 70,500 miles
Stalled out while in a drive thru. After it cooled down for a couple of hours, started up fine... Made it about 15 miles and it stalled out again. Swapped out the three sensors and did a visual check on all other connections. No CEL. Removed negative terminal for 30 mins. Would not restart
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the detailed reply.
Since the problem is intermittent it would be ideal to test it when it's happening.
whenever the car stalled and would not restart, were you able to crank the engine and check for spark?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to check for spark at the moment but since the car is home now I could do that. Check any cylinder ?
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
YES, YOU CAN check for spark at any cylinder as long as the car is NOT STARTING. if the car is not acting up now it won't do any good.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
if it will stall if you let it idle then just do that. let it idle until it stalls and won't restart. then check for spark.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand we're trying to replicate the issue. I'll be getting to it here in a few minutes.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm letting it warm up now. Of course it's currently running like a champ lol
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Of course it is, we have customers that have problems everyday and we can't replicate them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been idling for around 50 mins with out any trouble. I don't dare drive it, I'll give it a bit more.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
good grief, just drive it around the block or something don't go very far at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to duplicate the issue. Lol
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
That figures!