peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I live in trinidad my nissan zd30ddt had a piston

Customer Question

hi i live in trinidad my nissan zd30ddt had a blown piston and we replaced it now that the engine is back in the vehicle it is billowing blue smoke and rought ideal the engine light is flashing and it has no power ...any suggestions
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the cylinder wall was damaged in the cylinder the piston damaged was in this will cause low compression and misfire as well as smoke from engine oil burning.If you did not have the cylinder wall checked before the piston was replaced this can cause this here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi pete i am told that cylinders 3 and 4 are not firing we changed the #1 piston which is working we slackened the diesil lines to cylinders individually but cylinders # ***** and #2 are firing but when we reached #3 and #4 the engine died
Inspect electrical connections and wiring in the area of repair that was done to see if you locate any faults needing corrected.In some cases when a major repair like this has been done this can lead to loose or damaged electrical connections or components needing repaired or replaced.
It is possible the injectors for these cylinders have failed causing this issue as well needing replaced.I have seen this occur before even after a repair like this here and had to replace them.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi pete i just observe that as soon as the ignition is switched on the engine light starts flashing and when started it cuold only idle at about 12000 rpm under that you get no acceleration
hope this info is helpful in assissting me
thanks for your reply earlier
winston
A flashing check engine light usually means the engine computer has detected an engine misfire.I would still have the fuel injectors tested to see if any of these are at fault needing replaced to correct this issue.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi pete weexchange injectors 1&2 and we put them 3&4 and cylinders 3&4still not firing
Can you do a compression test on all cylinders to see if these cylinders are low on compression at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi pete willtry to source one asap
Thanks again
Winston
Your welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi pete sorry for not replying before but i have not been able to do further trouble shooting due to lack of adequate tools as suggested and i am now leaving for the uk on my vacation so i willhave to continue this diagnosis when i return in about 3 months
thank you for your help so far, it is appreciated
winston
Your welcome.You can come back at any time when your ready here and feel free to rate my help above if you like.
Thanks Pete