Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Patrol: I have Nissan Patrol G60 equipped with P40 engine made

Customer Question

I have Nissan Patrol G60 equipped with P40 engine made in 1979. P40 engine is inline 6 cylinder engine with 4000 cc capacity. I bought this car couple of months ago and I planned to have it a DIY project. I fixed many things in the electrical system using various tools. Now I turned to the mechanical part and I had the carburetor disassembled for maintenance and to fix a surge that was apparent in the idle operation. The carburetor installed on my vehicle is made for smaller engine, namely Datsun L18 - four cylinders of 1800 cc capacity. After replacing gaskets and replaceable parts using aftermarket repair kit, I noticed that main jet is blowing gas in idle operation. I thought it would be a slow jet restriction. But, I noticed that engine gets better when I tight air-fuel mix adjust screw. Also, I feel the engine gets better for seconds before it dies when I bend feeding fuel hose. Furthermore, cutoff solenoid when closes make the engine sounds better. I need to know what makes main jet works in idle operation as well as quarter or slight throttle. Please note choke valve is good. Throttle valves as far as I know has no adjustment or tuning tools.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.Is the fuel pump on this model one that is made for the carb. that you are using? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.