Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

NV200: i have a new nissan NV200 cargo van and am changing

i have a new nissan NV200 cargo van and am changing the oil for the first time. i removed what i thought was the oil drain plug but was not as a blue fluid came out not oil. i need to know where the oil drain plug is and how to get back in the fluid i took out and find out what it is. can you help?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

Clifton B. :

hi

Clifton B. :

the fluid you drain is the trans fluid you should not drive the van till you refill the fluid but you need a special tool to do this the tool cost about $500 so I recommend you toe it to the dealer . the engine drain plug is to the right of that under the engine let me know if you have more questions

Customer:

i live out in the country and there is no dealer within hundreds of miles. is there no way to refill the trans fluid>

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

the only way is to pump it back in thou the fill hole but you need a pump and fitting

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

if you can get some kind of pump then you can just pump it back in thou the same hole

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have a pump. do you know where i can get a fitting?

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
the fitting is a Nissan special tool that means you can only get it at Nissan no one is going to have because the van is a new model car, if you can get a hose connected to the pump that will fit tight into the hole you can fill it that way but the hose need to fit so the fluid do not leak back out as your filling it
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
be sure to put all the fluid back in and be sure the fluid as not contaminated
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.