Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

nissan pickup King cab, XE: I need to replace the fuel pump,

I need to replace the fuel pump, 95 nissan pickup, XE. Don't have enough jacks to be able to get truck completely off the ground. Is it easier to pull the bed than drop the tank?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 9 months ago.

Clifton B. :

hi

Clifton B. :

if you cant get the tank down then yes you can take the bad off

Clifton B. :

there are only four bolt holing it on at each corner of the bad

Customer:

do you know how many bolts hold the bed down?

Clifton B. :

remove them and disconnect the wires for the rear light and the bad come right off

Clifton B. :

4 bolts one at each corner

Clifton B. :

and remember to disconnect the rear lights wires from under the truck

Customer:

what about the corner where the fuel tank is positioned?

Clifton B. :

nothing to worry about there just remove the mounting bolt

Clifton B. :

from all four corners

Clifton B. :

and the wiring for the rear lights

Customer:

Ok, is there any other words of wisdom?

Clifton B. :

yes make sure you have enough ppl to lift it off

Clifton B. :

and don't forget to disconnect the wires

Customer:

Thank you. If I need to contact you, is there a way or is that not preferable?

Clifton B. :

look at the fuel tank seal lip make sure it is not rusted

Clifton B. :

if it is replace the tank

Clifton B. :

because it will not seal

Clifton B. :

you can just come back to the page and repost I will respond

Clifton B. :

do you have more questions

Customer:

Ok, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX questions at the moment.

Clifton B. :

ok your welcome please remember to rate my answer thanks.

Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.