Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

NISSAN FRONTIER: DOES THE VALVE BODY ON 2006 NISSAN FRONTIER

DOES THE VALVE BODY ON 2006 NISSAN FRONTIER NEED REPROGRAMMING?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 3 years ago.

Jay :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for your question.

Jay :

When replacing the valve body it has the TCM built right into it. There is no programming needed when replacing the Valve body.

Jay :

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

Jay :

If not, and your satisfied with my help, please Rate me. I hope I have provided you Excellent Service.

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
SO IF I'M ABLE TO GET ANOTHER ONE, A REBUILT ONE FROM AN AFTERMARKET PROVIDER I SHOULD BE OK. NO NEED FOR ANY REPROGRAMMING. IPDM ALSO DOES NOT NEED REPROGRAMMING? BECAUSE I JUST GOT IT NEW AND INSTALLED IT MY SELF.
Expert:  Jay replied 3 years ago.
IPDM is Plug and Play, I don't like After Market Vendors when it comes to control unit assemblies. I have never seen one work. But does not require programming.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
SO ITS BETTER TO GET THE NEW VALVE BODY FROM NISSAN...THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE. OK NOW WHAT I DIDN T ASK YOU IS ARE THEY CORRECT? THE VALVE BODY WOULD CAUSE THE NISSAN NOT TO START? HAVE YOU SEEN THAT REGULARLY? BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO TAKE IT FROM THE DEALER AND THEN HAVE TO RETURN IT AGAIN. AND ALSO I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR THE REPAIR AND FOR THEM TO CALL ME AGAIN AND SAY THAT THIS WAS ONLY PART OF THE REPAIR AND THAT THEY NEED SOMETHING ELSE. DUE YOU THINK ITS BETTER FOR THEM TO FIX IT? I JUST WANT TO SAVE SOME MONEY LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE....
Expert:  Jay replied 3 years ago.
It depends on the signals they are seeing from the TCM. Normally I would think it would start but be in limp mode. You may want to get a second opinion before investing in the valve body.

I have seen where the Ecm Relay causes no start issues. Normally if you swap it with the Fog light relay it would start. Did they say you had codes?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ON THE ENGINE COMPUTER I GET SOME CODES FOR CAN SIGNALS, AND ON THE TCM I WAS NOT ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH IT. THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATION POSSIBLE.
Expert:  Jay replied 3 years ago.
If they did CAN system check and there is no communication with the TCM and all fuses are good, then yeah it will need a TCM before any further diagnostics can be done.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK THANK YOU VERY MUCH..