Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,
29331485

Maxima: I have a Nissan Maxima 1997 and I received 5 different

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Maxima 1997 and I received 5 different codes, which of these need to be dealt with immediately and which can wait a month or so?
P0720
P0500
P0600
P0335
P0325
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

I suggest you first clear all codes then recheck for codes these will be hard codes and should be seen to first,after doing the hard codes then do a test drive and recheck for codes...

The P0325 will be the last sensor to do .This is the knock sensor ..
The P0335 should be the first one to check and take care of.the crank shaft position sensor.
The P0500 also with the P0335 as this is the VSS vehicle speed sensor the transmission needs this for smooth change ups and downs .

The P0720 is the revolution sensor also a needed sensor for the transmission
and should be checked, tested ,repaired or replaced .

Go in the order as said above and then please get back to me if needed, be more than happy to help you repair this issue if you are going to do this job .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg

Greg, import technician
Experience: import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need more information, such as diagrams and detailed instructions on how to replace these sensors.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jesse .

Is the car running .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not at this moment, but yes it runs.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess

So it starts up and drives any drivability issue misfiring ect .
What work have you done on this car up till now , for example had anything a part on the engine , changed plugs etc .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Greg,

It won't shift out of first gear sometimes and the speedometer doesn't register any speeds until I hit 40 or so MPH. I have replaced the battery 8 months ago but other than that no.

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess .

Good info thanks .

You will have to do the P0335 VSS and the P0720 the revolution sensor .

The VSS vehicle speed sensor is on top of the transmission and controls the speedometer and your transmission, first check that this is still connected , then remove the sensor , the plastic wheel may well be warn out and damaged this is typical .
replace if needed, then test drive, if the speedometer is now working then the transmission will start to work and change gear.

Clear codes and recheck for any other codes, then work from there .

graphic

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there a diagram that you might have that could help me locate it?

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess.

Here is a diagram of the location of the sensor ..

graphic

Rgds Greg
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess ..

Thank you for the accept and the bonus ,but we can still keep on with this repair with no extra cost .

Do the following speed sensor first, then get back to me for further advise .

Cheers Jess and have a great night .

Rgds Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What tools am I going to need to do the replacement?

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess.

Just a 10mm wrench. then pull out the sensor ,

First disconnect the negative cable on the battery then the connection on the sensor ,remove the One 10mm bolt and pull out the sensor ..

Greg