Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Nissan Murano: I need to replace the Bank1 Camshaft sensor

I need to replace the Bank1 Camshaft sensor in a 2007 Nissan Murano. I see the green cover for Bank 2, but I cannot find bank 1. Where can I find it?

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. Here Is a picture of the bank 1 camshaft position sensor. Let me know if you have more questions o if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The sensor that they gave me at autozone has an angled neck on it. That sensor has a straight neck. Are they interchangeable?

Yes it will be fine, just a different style of sensor. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks Mark.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should I replace bank 2 while I'm at it? Also is Bank 2 hard to get to?

Neither of them are very hard to get at and I would only replace the 1 your getting errors with. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do. If I rate you now will I Be able to get in contact with you in about 30 min or so? The rain is letting up and I'm going to go out and change the sensor

Yes, you can reply at any time so make sure to let me know if you run into questions. Thanks Mark.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dan are there any tricks to getting the cam sensor off? It came out easy
enough but I'm having problems getting the sensor off the wire. I know to
push the tab in towards the wire, but I cant' get the sensor to unseat.

Use a small screwdriver to bend connector latch over tab on cam sensor. Let me know how it goes, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I completed the change out of the cam sensor last weekend. The only issue was that the Bank 1 and Bank 2 cam sensors are not interchangeable. The electrical link insertion is backwards of each other.

Other than that she is up and running and I thank you for your help.