Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

KINGCAP: HELLO MIKE I HAVE A NISSAN 1996 WONT RUN BUT 55 OR

Customer Question

HELLO MIKE I HAVE A NISSAN 1996 WON'T RUN BUT 55 OR STARTS ACTING UP RPM 2.5 HAVE CHANGE OXGEN SENSOR AND FIX SOME WIRES NO LUCK YET
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Is the check engine light on and does the truck idle rough?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes the light on but runs good

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, are you saying the code that is stored is a 55 or that's how fast the truck will run?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thats how fast it runs and it gets there fast then acts up

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I see, so you are able to get the engine speed to 2500 rpms, then it starts dropping back on you?
Does it surge when this happens?
Also, does it happen in park or neutral?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes you can not run it over 2.5 or it acting like it flooding

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, normally this is an issue with the mass air flow sensor on these. There is a fuel cut and when the sensor fails, the fuel is shut off by the computer at about 2500-2700 rpms.
I would suggest first trying to clean the maf sensor with some cleaner and see if there is improvement, then if not, replace the sensor.
On the 2.4 engine this is located right on the throttle body, on the 6 it's part of the air filter housing.
Check it out and let me know. We can take it from there.
Thanks
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience: Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE IS IT ON CARB OR BEHIND IT SORRY BUT SENSORS I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANK YOU SO MUCH I THOUTH THAT WAS IT MY DAUGHTER TOLD ME ABOUT YOU

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
You are more then welcome and thank you for the rating!