Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

titan: nissan titan my brakes work fine but the brake light

Customer Question

nissan titan my brakes work fine but the brake light works sometimes. i have noticed that if i push brake pedal to the right and down they work all the time
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 12 months ago.

Jay :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for your question.

Jay :

This may be a simple adjustment of the brake pedal switch, or a slightly bend brake pedal.

Jay :

How handy are you?

Customer:

well i build cars at toyota lol pretty good

Jay :

Yeah, I would say your pretty good then.

Jay :

Take a look at the brake switch connection at the pedal.

Jay :

Press the pedal and look at the switch contact

Jay :

See if it's center to the petal.

Customer:

i did that and its pretty close but there are 2 sensors a white down low and a black just above which one

Jay :

The one above is the brake switch

Jay :

the one below is the cruise control cancel switch

Customer:

ok i will look

Jay :

k

Customer:

yep center but feel a little loose

Jay :

It only twist locks in place.

Jay :

Meaning if you turn it counter clockwise it can be removed.

Jay :

Then when you put it back in , you push it into place and twist and lock

Jay :

It's very possible it's a switch issue, where the pin internal contact is the issue, or it's a brake switch adjustment

Jay :

Since I explained how to remove and install it, lets try adjusting it and see if that helps.

Jay :

If not, and you still have issues, your going to need to replace the switch

Jay :

The switch is about 20 bucks

Customer:

so just remove it and put back in id

Customer:

s

Jay :

yes

Customer:

ok iwill try that give me a minute

Jay :

ok

Customer:

thanks they work right now

Jay :

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Customer:

bye

Jay :

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you Excellent Service

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer