Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2005 nissan Maxima SE, Possible short in drivers power seat

2005 nissan Maxima SE, Possible short in drivers power seat (cloth, not heated) causing BCM to overheat and shut off power to the following systems only: driver power seat, power locks, power windows, power sunroof.

I disconnected all plugs EXCEPT yellow airbag plugs, and car systems function normal. Im trying to narrow down which exact part of the drivers seat (which plug) is the problem.

I want to know which plug does what on the drivers seat, as well as any suggestions or comments.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

1) Sorry for the long delay.

2) First off I am checking to see if you have already resolved your concern.

3) If you do still need help, if there is anything more you think would help me answer your question, please reply with that info.

4) If you happened to leave off the year make and model and engine liter size or any stored trouble codes or anything you have done so far, please include that information in your next reply.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass. I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I work on this site only in the evening hours 7 days a week. I am online normally from 3-midnight. Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im i bit disappointed Chris... I get the impression that your response is a "canned" reply that has nothing to do with my specific question. I clearly listed the make and year, what my issue was, what steps i have done, and ask specifically for information on the wiring of the drivers seat.

The BCM supplies power to the drivers and passenger seat, since disconnecting the drivers seat resolves the issue we need to disconnect the drivers seat and open the harness so you can test the seat switch and lumbar switch. When not in use neither read wires to either switches should have any load. So ohm test both to ground to see which shows ground or resistance to ground. It is going to be one of the switches to blame, not the motors. Use the below diagrams.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05maximapwrseat.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05maximapwrseat1.jpg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Excellent Moose. This is what i was hoping for. I will use the diagrams you attached, and see if i can track it down.

Your welcome
Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.