Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

nissan altima coupe: Im looking to purchase a vehicle and the

Im looking to purchase a vehicle and the carfax report on this vehicle states transmission was checked and then the transfer case was removed to complete repairs. could this mean the vehicle has had transmission issues? I also want to note the car shakes a little once idle.

Clifton B. :

hi

Clifton B. :

there is no transfer case on this car so the report most be incorrect

Clifton B. :

but the car may have had the trans repair or replaced as this year Altima car has known trans problem

Clifton B. :

the vibration may be from a misfire cause by something with the engine

Clifton B. :

this car also have a 120,000 miles 10 warranty from the factory on the trans so it may still be covered if you have lest than 120,000 miles on the car

Clifton B. :

let me know if you have more questions

Customer:

I also saw vehicle same year, make, and model that has only had a cooler replaced and and oil gasket replaced

Customer:

is that as major?

no it is not, but think do you want a car that have never broke and may now brake and cost you to fix or a car that have been repaired already I would take a car with a new trans that have been replaced over one with 40,000 miles that have not been replaced