Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima, the check engine light had been

I have a 2002 Nissan Altima, the check engine light had been on for about a week, but started & drove fine. I drove to work at 11 am, at 3 I went about a mile to store, then bout same to get gas. I turned car off to pump gas & got back in to start it & it was completely dead. No lights, no door chimes, no electric locks, NOTHING AT ALL & would not shift out of park with the key out, or in or in on position. I assumed was battery, checked battery cables, & tried to jump it. Even with jumpers on with other car I had NO juice at all. Someone suggested "main fuse" to be replaced, but I have no clue where that is......please help!

Clifton B. :

Clifton B. :

if you have no power at all you should start be checking the negative battery cable under the battery where it bolt to the trans the cable always brake there let me know

ok, not the negative cable going to the post on the top of the battery?

no. where it bolt to the trans under the battery