Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

altima: 2004 nissan altime sd headlights turn on but wont

2004 nissan altime sd headlights turn on but wont switch from bright to dim. When trying to switch to dim my lights turn off. Last night I hit a bump in the road and they switched to dim. Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
hi did you check the head light bulbs fro the low side it has two bulb per side one for low and one for high please check the bulb they may be blown
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not. Will I be able to tell a bad bulb by looking at it? or do i have to replace it to find out? thanks

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
you can look if the coil on the inside look deform or if it is broken replace the bulb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok geeze. how do I get the headlight housing out? 2 screws i took out but the it doesnt want to slide out. also I want to add that on the dashboard panel the bright indicator stays on no matter if the switch lever is on bright or dim.

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
ok happy you told me that this means the switch is bad and you will need to replace it so you do not need to check the bulb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Clifton. I replaced the switch on my Cr. town and country once bye following instructions I got offline. would you happen to have a online instuction recomendation for this nissan replacement or do you recomend taking to shop? thanks

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
you just have to remove one screw from the lower dash below the steering wheel then pull the cover off then remove the screw in the cover around the back of the steering wheel screw are in the bottom pull then cover off remove the switch by push the clip on the side to release then pull it out
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.