Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.

morando: I took the steering wheel apart to straighten out.

I took the steering wheel apart to straighten out. After my Air bag light came on. I checked with a meater and it says that I have a short in the drivers air bag. What shoud I look for?
hi did you happen the turn the key on when you take the air bag out ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I disconnected the battray

ok then you will need to remove the air bag and recheck the connections on it if it is fine then you will need to reset the air bag system with a scan tool
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just remembered when I put the steering wheel on again I miss aligned the little white location button and locked the steering down on it in the wrong position and drove the car. The steering was very hard so I took it apart again and found what I did wrong .could I have damaged the clock spring? all are functions are OK excerpt the air bag.

yes you most likely did and will need to replace it the circuit for the air bag run into the clock spring you should get he car scan for code if you have a driver side air bag code replace the clock spring