Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,

Nissan/Datsun Urvan: Hey greg, its Valentin again, the owner

Hey greg,
it's Valentin again, the owner of the '84 Nissan Urvan. First off a quick thank you for helping me on the last questions! After a lot of calls, I have found now an SD25 engine thats out of a 1985-88 Nissan Cabstar. I will relocate the van to another mechanic who will be able to get in in if it's any possible.
But before I do that, I would like to know whether you think it will fit in and what changes need to be made to get in working properly in my Urvan. (the original engine is the SD22)
Is it better to use the injector pump of the cabstar or the old one from the urvan? Any other things worth mentioning for this particular engine?
Please get back to me asap, doesnt have to have a lot of detail.

Regards,
-Valentin
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi Val .

No i would not swap over the IP leave the SD25 complete ,

I think the only part you have to replace is the fly wheel and oil pan if it has a different pan check before you fit .

When you go to check the engine get it started first to make sure it starts okay and does not smoke , even if the engine is out and on the ground you can start it to check .
all you have to do is hook up the starter motor and the one wire from the cut-off valve .

Other than that as i remember this is all that needs doing ,check the engine mounts and brackets are the same ,if not also swap over .

When you do the job and have any problems then please get back to me Val .

All the best Greg

Greg, import technician
Experience: import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,