Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.

Nissan/Datsun Quest: Maybe you can help me Jay. I have a 2007

Maybe you can help me Jay. I have a 2007 Nissan Quest. The back sliding door on the driver side is not opening from the outside (the manual open door). It will not bulge to open. I tried to opening from inside and it opened. I saw the lock lever on the side panel on the door that you can slide up and down so I pushed it down thinking that was the reason that I could not open the door from outside. However, it caused it to now lock from the inside. I can no longer open the door from outside or inside. Do you have any idea what is wrong?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

NISSAN TECH :

hi

NISSAN TECH :

check the shut off switch on the dome light

Customer:

There are 3 buttons up by the dome lights. The first one says on and off, the second is the button to open trunk and the third is to open automatic slide door in the back on the passenger side. I click the button that says on and off and it is not opening the door (back door on driver side). I can hear the door unlock when I press the button to unlock door and all doors open from outside except for that door. Do you know of anything else to do?

NISSAN TECH :

is the on off button in the on position

Customer:

put it in the on position and tried the door and then in off position and neither is working. Does that button control doors or overhead lights?

NISSAN TECH :

that button is for turning off the slidingg doors

NISSAN TECH :

and the back door

NISSAN TECH :

if the doors work from the outside but not the inside then i would be looking at the switch

Customer:

The only thing is that the other sliding door works and this one does not. It was working from the inside until I changed the lever to lock it. So if I turn it off should the others doors open or would it only be this door.

NISSAN TECH :

all door would not work

NISSAN TECH :

can you unlock the door that you luck

Customer:

Do you mean the lever? If so, I cannot because the door have to be open to do so.

NISSAN TECH :

you should be able the unlock the door with the driver door switch

NISSAN TECH :

if not then the actuator may be bad

NISSAN TECH :

you should be able to just put the switch in off mode and just open the door like a regular door

Customer:

I will try and again. Will let you know in a few minutes.

NISSAN TECH :

ok

Customer:

It still not opening. I wish I did not put that lever down, then at least I could open it from the inside. Is it expensive to get actuator fixed?

NISSAN TECH :

it's going to cost you about $300 to $400

Customer:

The thing is that the switch in the overhead console when turned on does not lock the passenger side door from outside.

Customer:

Thank you so much for your assistance.

NISSAN TECH :

your welcome

NISSAN TECH :

please remember to rate my answer thanks.

Customer:

ok, thanks!

NISSAN TECH :

yor welcome

Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.