Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Nissan/Datsun Rogue SL: 2009 rogue. All of a sudden all four

2009 rogue. All of a sudden all four lights are flashing and making a clicking noise even when the car is stopped and the key removed. any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

NISSAN TECH :

hi what light are flashing

NISSAN TECH :

is it the turn signals

Customer: The headlights and tail lights are flashing for no reason.
NISSAN TECH :

ok

NISSAN TECH :

did you buy this car new

NISSAN TECH :

or use

Customer: Yes
NISSAN TECH :

is that new

Customer: Yes I bought the car new in 09
NISSAN TECH :

do you have a auto start or security system installed

Customer: Yes it was installed by the dealer in 09 and I used it eari
NISSAN TECH :

ok that system is your problem

NISSAN TECH :

it is going off by itself

Customer: yesaeries it was installed by the dealership and I used it earlier today
NISSAN TECH :

your going to have to remove the system and install a new one

NISSAN TECH :

it may be working but this is the cause of the light flashing

Customer: Really? It was purchased from the dealer
NISSAN TECH :

yes you told me that

NISSAN TECH :

but the system is still bad

NISSAN TECH :

it do not really matter where it came from

Customer: Ok thanks
NISSAN TECH :

plus even thou it was install at the dealer it is not a nissan system

NISSAN TECH :

do you have more questions

Customer: Because the lights are flashing all the time I guess my next problem will be a dead battery
NISSAN TECH :

you can just disconnect the battery when your park

NISSAN TECH :

if not it will die yes

Customer: Ok thanks
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.