Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Nissan/Datsun Maxima SV: Have installed phillips led lights

Customer Question

Have installed phillips led lights on 2012 maxima. Cant locate the parking light module under the hood to test the parking light for the third wire from the led kit to attach to...
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

NISSAN TECH :

hi

NISSAN TECH :

what are the lights for

NISSAN TECH :

that your installing

Customer:

Daytime running lights by phillips. They have an orange wire that needs to be connected to the parking light to dim the leds during headlight operation

NISSAN TECH :

ok let me see if i can fine a location

NISSAN TECH :

be you need to connect at the fuse are at a wire

Customer:

Ive located the box under the hood that contains the plugins but dont know which is the correct one. There are five and they are hard to get to.

NISSAN TECH :

is that the box by the washer fluid bottle

Customer:

No its on the right side above the battery.Theres a cover thats sort of oblong

Customer:

It has a bunch of wiring harnesses inside it

NISSAN TECH :

ok that is the ipdmer

NISSAN TECH :

power distribution unit

Customer:

The harnesses are connected to plugs that plug in

NISSAN TECH :

yes

Customer:

Im thinking these are the different lights harnesses....could be wrong

NISSAN TECH :

the box control all powewr distribution to the car

NISSAN TECH :

we need to fine the wire for the lights just hold on

Customer:

So would this be the proper place to be looking for the parking light plugin module? I cant see anything else that remotely looks like a possible place to connect a wire

NISSAN TECH :

hold on please am looking right now

Customer:

ok

NISSAN TECH :

do u have xenon type head lights

Customer:

no

NISSAN TECH :

and you need the power side of the circuit right

NISSAN TECH :

Full Size Image

NISSAN TECH :

you would need to tap in at pin number 91 ro 92 in connector e201 this is a white connector with 16 pins

NISSAN TECH :

the wire color is light green withe red or light green with black

Customer:

Would this be in the box above the battery?

NISSAN TECH :

this is the same box with the longated cover

NISSAN TECH :

yes

NISSAN TECH :

Full Size Image

Customer:

ok...I will give this a try. i should disconnect the battery first correct or not?

NISSAN TECH :

e201 will be at the right upper side of the box

NISSAN TECH :

yes

NISSAN TECH :

that would be when standing in front of the car

Customer:

ok....that is a big help....i appreciate your help. will let you guys know my results.

NISSAN TECH :

do you have more questions

NISSAN TECH :

ok let me know

NISSAN TECH :

please remember to rate my answer thanks.

Customer:

not at this time. this is the only problem i have run into as far as connecting the lights.

NISSAN TECH :

ok

Customer:

thanks for your help

NISSAN TECH :

your welcome please remember to rate my answer thanks .

Customer:

ok shall do

NISSAN TECH :

thanks/.

Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don't have any other concerns at the moment but I was successful in finishing the daytime light install. They work just as advertised. Appreciate your help....it went pretty quick after I finished our session.

Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.
your welcome