jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

Nissan xtrail: nissan x trail malfunction indicator light came

nissan x trail malfunction indicator light came on after oil/ sparkplugs change? unable to remove? Have battery disconnected for 5 min?
Greetings JACUSTOMER, Was the oil change and spark plug replacement done by a local shop..or did you do it yourself?? Also, any problems evident before these repairs were made?? Thank you, Jeffrey
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Service done myself, no prior porblems

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any suggestions

Hello Christiaan, Retrace your steps and look for any wiring /connectors that may have been disturbed while replacing plugs and changing oil. Since it started directly after repairs it is likely there is a simple bad connection or a connector was knocked off in the process. I will be happy to assist further if needed. Thank you, Jeffrey
Greetings Christiaan, Following up to see if you found problem or if I can answer any other questions for you?? Please let me know ...I will be happy to help. Thank you, Jeffrey