Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissan Sentra: how do you move(lower) the RH front door window(powered)

how do you move(lower) the RH front door window(powered) so that you can remove
the 10mm screws that is holding the glass to the regulator. The window seems to be
stuck in the up position and there is no motor noise so I'm assuming the motor is dead.
I need to get the old motor and reg. out but can't get the window down to get to those two screws. 2003 Nissan Sentra GXE

Jay :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Customer:

Hi

Jay :

Once you have the door panel off, plug the window switch in and while tapping the window motor area hold the window switch in the down position and see if the glass will lower to access the two 10 mm bolts for the glass.

Jay :

Hello

Customer:

I tried something similar but I did not tap the motor.

Jay :

Once you have the glass out, then you remove the four 10 mm bolts for the regulator and the 3 for the window motor and the regulator and motor come out as one unit. Then you can remove the window motor from the regulator

Jay :

Some times tapping the window motor while applying voltage to it will allow it to operate to get the glass in the position to get the 10 mm bolts

Customer:

And if after tapping the motor it still does not come down than what?

Jay :

Other wise, you are reaching up with a 10 mm wrench to remove the bolts

Customer:

O.K. thats what I thought.

Customer:

Thanks for you help.

Jay :

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Jay :

Don't forget to Rate me if your satisfied with my help. If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!