Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Nissan/Datsun Sentra S: 2005 nissan 1.8 motor new water pump

Customer Question

2005 nissan 1.8 motor new water pump new thermo stat no water flow no heat
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

please explain..did the heat just quit?..or did it quit after some work on the cooling system?

Customer:

its daughters car she says its been not working sense summer I guess its the head gasket

tims auto repair :

does the engine over heat?

Customer:

shes says no says the temp gage goes to mid and stays

tims auto repair :

ok,,and never needs to add coolant?

Customer:

been adding about a qt a month

tims auto repair :

i see

tims auto repair :

lets try something simple here first

tims auto repair :

lets bleed the system this way,,,just to make sure it doesnt have air in the system

tims auto repair :

1,you need to remove the radiator/reservoir cap when engine is cold

2-start the engine and let it idle

3-turn the heater on high

4-keep coolant on hand and add it as needed...some coolant may gush out with the air,so be careful

5-keep doing this until the engine is at operating tempeture,the heater is hot and the coolant in the radiator settles down

6-then install the cap

Customer:

been adding sense 2006,,,I tried that ,,it got to temp but the heater hoses are cold

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

does it leak any coolant?

Customer:

if it does I have never found

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

it is very posible for it to have a blown head gasket

tims auto repair :

sense it is using a little coolant

tims auto repair :

and,,you have no leak

Customer:

how does that keep it from flowing I,m not geting ant thing with cap off running

tims auto repair :

i would think the compression is equalizing the pressure,,,causing the coolant not to move to the core

Customer:

thank you

tims auto repair :

you are very welcome

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate,,.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.