Joe, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  23 years auto repair experiance.

Armada Platinum: I have an 2012 Nissan ArmadaI had new

I have an 2012 Nissan Armada

I had new winter tires with rims installed including tire pressure sensors.
My Nissan Armada (2012) computer does not recognize these new sensors.
How do I set the computer in my car so that it can read these sensors?
Thank you

Hello and thank you for using just answer! I am here to help you with your problem, so feel free to ask questions until you are satisfied.

Unfortunately replacement of any tire pressure monitors on your Nissan requires you to register them in the vehicles computer using a consult III scan tool, and a transmitter activation tool. Without this equipment they cannot be programed to the vehicle. Just about your only option is to bring it to a Nissan dealer. Here is the procedure anyway...

ID Registration Procedure

This procedure must be done after replacement of a low tire pressure warning transmitter or BCM. New replacement transmitters are provided "asleep" and must first be "woken up" using Transmitter Activation Tool J-45295 before ID registration can be performed.
Connect CONSULT-III.Select "ID REGIST" under BCM.Push the transmitter activation tool against the tire near the front left transmitter. Press the button for 5 seconds.Tool number : (J-45295) Fig. 4: Identifying Transmitter Activation ToolCourtesy of NISSAN MOTOR CO., U.S.A.

Register the IDs in order from FR LH, FR RH, RR RH and RR LH. When ID registration of each wheel has been completed, the hazard warning lamps flash.
After completing all ID registrations, press "END" to complete the procedure.NOTE:Be sure to register all of the IDs in order from FR LH, FR RH, RR RH, to RR LH, or the self-diagnostic results display will not function properly.