Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Frontier: 2012 Nissan Frontier factory quick connect for trailer

2012 Nissan Frontier factory quick connect for trailer wiring does not work.Is there a fuse and where is it located?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 1 year ago.

NISSAN TECH :

hi did you have the hitch install or did it come from the factory on the truck?

Customer:

The hitch was installed .I have been using the hitch and wiring.The lights just won't work.I've tried using a LED tester and it wont show any current the trailer lights don't work either.

Customer:

They worked originally..

Customer:

I have two trailers one boat one utility,both have LED type lights and had been working..

Customer:

Sunce I paid for an answer, would you be so kind as to send it to me @ XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX then you will get your rating.thank you

Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX any of the lights on the trailer plug work. the brake lights? the turn signals? tail lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No sir none work. The only wiring that I can see is under the rear of the truck where the last piece of the wire plugs into the wire that is factory installed. I have again used a light to see if I can get anything and nothing works ....The regular lights all work,stop ,turn , running.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
give me a minute to check my wiring diagrams,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The (Nissan) quick connect wiring comes in three pieces. Purchase the two uninstalled sections. The first section consists of wires with three relays connected to them.They are then installed inside the passengers side wall by the feet would be.....The installed wire runs inside rhe door frame to the drivers rear frame about two feet from the bumper,a plug is installed there.The last piece is a part of the quick connect,it plugs into the installed plug and then to the bumper where the 4prong plug is attached. I just tried plugging into the trailer...............nothing..

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
I am having problems accessing my wiring diagrams, i will opt out and see if another expert can help you, hang tight,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seems that there is a fuse , and it is located inside the fuse box under the hood.....Did I do good or what?????