Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

Altima: Is there a Fuel cut off switch on a 2006 Nissan Altima?

Is there a Fuel cut off switch on a 2006 Nissan Altima? If so, where? My car ran fine yesterday after an oil change and rear brake job. this morning, it isn't starting. It is cranking but not turning over. Figured I would check fuel cut off before paying for towing.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 2 years ago.

NISSAN TECH :

hi no there is no fuel cut off on this car

NISSAN TECH :

is the service engine soon light on when your trying to start the car ?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

I went to move my car out of the garage and it seemed like the battery was dead. When I tried again, it started chugging, but wouldn't turn over and start.

NISSAN TECH :

is the security light on top of the dash left side on when tryign to start ?

Customer:

Let me check

NISSAN TECH :

ok

Customer:

No security light

NISSAN TECH :

ok then the most likely cause of this since the service engine light is on is a bad cam or crank sensor , you should replace them both this should fix the problem

Customer:

The security light flashes but when I turn the key it stays off

NISSAN TECH :

yes that is good

NISSAN TECH :

replace the cam and crank sensors

Customer:

OK, so I got a rear brake job and an oil change yesterday and there was no problem driving to the store and home. It started right up. The service has nothing to di with this issue then?

NISSAN TECH :

i dont think so was the service engine light on when driving yesterday?

NISSAN TECH :

there is nothing in the brake system that is going to stop the car from starting

Customer:

Nope

Customer:

ok cool

NISSAN TECH :

do you have more questions?

Customer:

No dirty tricks these guys my be pulling?

NISSAN TECH :

there is always things they can do , but if something was broken there you should have a problem whit the car as soon as you go to drive it

Customer:

I agree with that. Just a weird coincidence I guess

NISSAN TECH :

and the cam and crank sensors go bad all the time , so this is a regular thing for this car , 95% of no starts are cause by a bad cam or crank sensor

NISSAN TECH :

on this car

NISSAN TECH :

i think so

Customer:

Well, thank you. I aam all set.

Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.