Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

G35 coupe: Hi, hooked up jumpbox to 2005 g35 coupe backwards.

Customer Question

Hi, hooked up jumpbox to 2005 g35 coupe backwards. Blew 20 amp fuse on the fuse links on the positive terminal. Nothing works on the car. No dash/instrument cluster
lights. The red security system light blinks, but that is it. The 80 amp and 100 amp
links on the positive terminal are ok. What should I check next?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  ddamato1986 replied 2 years ago.

ddamato1986 :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer I would be happy to assist you

ddamato1986 :

It seems as though the cars has gone into lock mode, when the battery dies this will happen. Follow this procedure and let me know how you make out. If this works be sure to Accept.

Full Size Image

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ddamato1986,

The escape from lockdown got the cluster lights to come on, but when I tried to crank the car, the 20 amp fuselink on the positive battery post

blows. Any further guidance would be appreciated. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, the procedure referenced got the cluster lights to come on, but when I try to crank the car it blows the 20 amp fuse link on the fuse link assembly that

is attached to the positive battery terminal. What should I look for next?

It seems like you may have a bad ground or the starter shorted. So check your grounds and double check your fuses, you can also test for resistance across the starter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would that make the 20 amp fuse link blow. there is a 80 amp and 100 amp

fuse link in the fuse link assembly. I assumed one of them would serve the

starter. The problem started with the battery going dead (2007 battery)

Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

Just seeing if you still
need assistance with this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I do still need help. I assume you have read the previous questions and answers. What more information may I provide to

allow you to give me advice on what to check next on my 2005 Infiniti G35?

Expert:  Joe replied 2 years ago.
Have you checked out the rest of the wiring to and from the battery/starter etc?