Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

Nissan/Datsun Maxima SE: CODE P0021 and P0300

Customer Question

i have a 2004 nissan maxima, and its giving me code P0021 and P0300.. i have changed all the spark plugs and i have also changed the cam position sensor for bank idles fine for 5 to 10 mins and then the RPM jump starts shaking alittle also... Also how can i check the coil packs to see if they are working, because i disconnect them and i dont see a difference. in the RPM or engine..
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using

What brand spark plugs did you install, and also where did you get the Cam sensor? Local auto parts store?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The spark plugs are NGK and the sensor is from auto zone
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Ok, Good with the spark plugs, bad with the sensor. When it comes to after market electrical parts, they never work. Return that sensor and get the sensor from the dealer. This should help resolve your problem. If not, just return to this question, and I will continue to work with you.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!