Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.
3827149

Nissan/Datsun X-trail: I am trying to find out which blower

I am trying to find out which blower fan assembly is in the X-trail. Is it the same as the the 06 Altima, or perhaps that of a Murano or Infinti model. I want to order a replacement online but as per usual the X-trail is not showing up in the US data bases. Mine is making an intermittent grinding sound that stops if I turn it off and restart it. Its worse in cold weather, and happens with more frequency. FIgure its only going to get worse rather than better. I want to replace it while the weather is warm! I am looking for an aftermarket supplier one made to oem specs for fit. Of course, can  only hope that the bearings in the new one will be better than the Nissan one.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope no answer as of yet. Thanks for following up

Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay are you sure the blower motor is bad and the issue is not the resistor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am sure. Its not even the blower motor itself per se that is bad, its the bearings in it that are starting to fail. I know the bearing part number and I could have it fixed by any shop that fixes electric motors. For pretty much any other Nissan model I can find an aftermarket supplier for a blower motor, but the X-Trail having not been sold in the US is not showing up in their lists of applicable applications.

Surely there is a Nissan mechanic who has actually looked at an X-trail blower unit, and who could tell me if its the same as that used on another Nissan or Infinity model?

Could someone at least confirm that a Murano fan blower unit is in fact different from that found in the X-Trail? The cabin air filter is the same.

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
All you need to do is replace the bearing which can be bought at any auto parts store.This link will show you exactly what to do.
ClickHere
Hoped this helped.Also the Murano is slightly different.It should be the same as the Pathfinder.But again all you need to do is replace the bearing and this will save you a lot of money.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the attempt, but I already have the link to the forum that posts the bearing replacement procedure. I just want to replace the whole unit. Were I driving a Murano I could get the unit with fan assembly from a couple of sources for $85 or 135. Pathfinder takes a different cabin air filter than Murano, the size of the housing is different, so I suspect the blower motor assembly is too. Given the number of T30 X-Trails sold worlwide, I cannot believe that there isnt an alternative to the Nissan part which is outrageously expensive. What are the Brits, Aussies or Japanese doing for spare parts? This is a common fault in a number of Nissan and Infinity models from what I can tell.

Anyway I wont rate your answer, because sadly while the intention was good, its not the expert answer I am looking for.

All the best

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Ive purchased this part off this site as can you .Heres the link.
ClickHere
Hoped this helped.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks CarDoctor69. I note they have the Genera one for the Murano on the site as well. Funny that if I put in my model details the Replacement blower motor does not show up in their listing. Also when I type in the part number it suddenly shows up as a replacement blower motor for JEEP. What I find even stranger is that for a Sentra they have an AC delco blower motor, but when I go to AC delco catalogue the part number doesnt show up, and nothing comes up under the specific vehicle search. What is so unique about the X-Trail blower motor? Have you actually installed the part you are suggesting?
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
I understand your frustration completely . The only difference from the Murano is the bottom mounting bracket which lines up differently . You can swap the Murano to your bottom mounting bracket and it will work . Yes I have ordered that part for the X trail and worked fine . Had same issue as you getting one . These are the next steps to fix your issue . Hoped this helped . Bonuses greatly appreciated .Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Qualified to repair all makes and models.