this may help you
(V6 Model) (HEC Model) REMOVAL Note:
| ||2001 Isuzu Truck Rodeo LS 4WD V6-3.2L |
| ||Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Service and Repair, Procedures: Unit Removal and Installation |
| || || || |
Before removing transmission and transfer assembly from vehicle, change the transfer mode to 2WD using push button on dash panel. (V6, 4x4)
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
2. Remove transfer protector (4x4) and fairing plate (V6).
3. Remove rear propeller shaft and front propeller shaft (4X4). Note: Apply
alignment marks on the flange at both front and rear sides.
4. Remove center exhaust pipe
5. Remove fuel pipe heat protector and clip.
6. Disconnect fuel pipe bracket from third crossmember. (V6, 4X4) (V6, 4X2) (HEC) Fuel Hose Connector Removal Procedure:
If removal of the fuel hose connector is required for transmission servicing and/or replacement
, follow the steps below. NOTE:
- An O-ring is used as a seal between the fuel pipe and the connector. Take care not to damage the contact surfaces during the removal procedure. do not allow the surfaces to become contaminated with dirt or other foreign material.
- Perform the entire removal procedure with your hands. Do not use tools. Separating the connector and fuel pipe:
1. Clean the fuel pipe and connector to remove mud and other dirt.
2. Pull the black plastic piece toward the connector. Hold the piece near the connector. Pull the connector from the fuel pipe.
If the connector and fuel pipe are stuck together, jiggle the connector back and forth to loosen the connector. Do not yank the connector from the fuel pipe.
3. Tie a vinyl bag around the connector and fuel pipe to protect them from dirt. Joining the connector and fuel hose:
1. Remove the vinyl bags from the connector and fuel hose. Check that the contact surfaces are undamaged and free of dirt and other foreign material. Clean if necessary.
2. Align the axis of the fuel pipe and connector.
Push the connector into the fuel pipe until a distinct click is heard.
3. Gently pull on the connector to check that it is securely latched.
8. Disconnect transmission harness connector and clip. Connector: Adapter case
, mode switch, main case, magnetic sensor, transfer switch (4X4), 2-4 actuator
(4X4) and car speed sensor.
9. Remove harness heat protector (V6).
10. Support transmission with a jack.
Remove rear mount nuts from 3rd crossmember. (4x2)
11. Remove third crossmember.
12. Disconnect transmission oil cooler pipes from A/T side.
13. Remove oil pipe clamp and bracket from the converter housing. (V6, 4x4) (HEC)
14. Loosen oil cooler pipe clamp bolt at the engine mount side.
15. Remove select cable by disconnecting inner cable from select lever and removing outer cable with bracket.
16. Remove starter (V6). (HEC)
17. Remove under covers from the transmission and engine.
18. Remove transfer control lever fixing bolts and push up transfer control lever (V6, 4x4). (V6) (HEC)
19. Remove flex plate torque converter
fixing bolts (6 pieces) by turning crankshaft.
20. Remove engine transmission fixing bolts.
21. Remove exhaust pipe bracket from converter housing and exhaust pipe.
22. Pull out transmission from the engine.
23. Remove the rear mount rubber and propeller protector assembly if required (4x2).Installation
1. Slowly raise transmission jack until front of the transmission is aligned with rear of the engine. Attach the transmission to the engine. (V6) (HEC)
2. Tighten engine-transmission bolts as shown in the figure.
- Install exhaust pipe bracket to converter housing and exhaust pipe (HEC). (V6) (HEC)
3. Align the flex plate-torque converter bolt boss with flex plate hole by turning the torque converter. Install flex plate-torque converter bolts (6 pieces) by turning the crankshaft.
Torque: 54 Nm (40 ft. lbs.)
Torque: 29 Nm (22 ft. lbs.)
Do not reuse the flex plate torque converter bolt.
4. Install transfer control lever on the transfer case
(V6, 4X4). (HEC)
5. Install under covers to the transmission and engine.
Torque: 8 Nm (69 ft. lbs.)
(V6 / HEC)
6. Install starter (V6).
Torque: 40 Nm (30 ft. lbs.)
7. Install select cable by connecting inner cable to select lever and installing outer cable with bracket.
8. Connect transmission oil cooler pipes to A/T.
Torque: 44 Nm (33 ft. lbs.) (V6, 4x4) (HEC)
9. Install oil cooler pipe clamp and bracket to the converter housing.
10. Tighten oil cooler pipe clamp bolt at the engine mount side.
11. Install third crossmember.
Torque: 76 Nm (56 ft. lbs.)
12. Install rear mount nuts.
Torque: 50 Nm (37 ft. lbs.) (4x2)
13. Install harness heat protector (V6).
Torque: 6 Nm (52 inch lbs.)
14. Connect transmission harness connector and clip.
Connector: Adapter case, mode switch, main case, magnetic sensor, transfer switch (4x4), 2-4 actuator (4x4) and car speed sensor. (V6, 4X4) (V6, 4x2) (HEC)
15. Connect fuel pipe bracket to transmission side. NOTE:
See "NOTE" of removal steps.
16. Install fuel pipe heat protector and clip.
18. Install center exhaust pipe (V6, 4x4).
Torque: 43 Nm (32 ft. lbs.)
19. Install front propeller shaft (4x4) and rear propeller shaft.
Torque: 63 Nm (46 ft. lbs.)
20. Install transfer protector (4x4) and fairing plate (V6).