Donald Knight
Donald Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40+ years

2002 Nissan Maxima GLE: heater blower..blower motor..pin..high speed

Customer Question

2002 Nissan Maxima GLE heater blower not working . WHT/BLU wire is live (power) @ plug of blower motor when key is on . when I ground BLU/WHT at A/C Auto Amplifier (controler) Pin # XXXXX the fan comes on on high speed . New blower motor has been installed , no change and I tried a used control unit and still blower motor not working .
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Donald Knight replied 2 years ago.
Good morning.It sounds like you may have a defective blower motor resistor.The resistor is located by the blower motor and is what controls power and ground to the blower motor.Please let me know if you need further assistance,Don
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Don I cannot accept the answer untill I try the resistor & it is not cheap . I will buy a new resistor and replace it and let you know if it works.because I need to get the blower fan to operate first.

Just get back to me when ever you need,Don
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Don I just got home from work . Anyway today I bought a new blower resistor for $182.34 and I installed it and nothing changed , the blower motor still not working . I don't know what to do any more , please give me a good advise so I can get this blower fan to work , I have paid about $ 325.00 so far . please reply .

Sorry that the resistor did not solve your problem.Next we need to start checking the wiring.You will need a multimeter for these test.First disconnect the blower motor and check for 12 volts on the white/blue wire.If that is good next check for a ground on the blue/white wire.If that is good next check for a ground on the #1 terminal wire of the resister(where the blue/white wires connects and the harness is disconnected from the resistor).Next check for continuity from the resister on that same wire from the resister to the blower motor.Please let me know what you find and we can go from there,Don