rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

1998 sentra: diagram of the timing chain sprockets..im replacing

where can i find a diagram of the timing chain sprockets for a 1998 sentra 1.6? i'm replacing the timing chain and can find no clear directions to setting it in time
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 years ago.

rpmdiag :

Thanks for your question. Sorry you're having car problems, I will do my best to research this and supply you with an accurate answer ASAP. I have provided you with the installation instructions you requested. Hope all this helps you. Thanks, Ron

Attachment: 2012-05-10_181438_installation.pdf

Full Size Image

Customer:

ron, the guy that took the chain off did not paint any marks. i need to see a pic of the chain and gears on the engine showing timing marks

Customer:

where can i find a diagram showing the chain and gears in time?

rpmdiag :

Here is the only pic available.

Attachment: 2012-05-10_182642_doc1.pdf

Full Size Image

rpmdiag :

Please click on the Accept Button for me now. I hope you found my answer to be helpful, and if you have any additional questions about this afterwards, just keep this link and ask me. I’m here to help you. Thanks again, Ron

Customer:

thanks but thats not showing me what i need. i need the chain and sprockets on the engine showing where each timing mark is positioned